Information and Support for People Bereaved by Suicide in the UK
The following brief list provides details of where people bereaved by suicide can seek information and support in the UK.
Help is at Hand: A Resource for People Bereaved by Suicide or Traumatic Death (DH, 2008) http://cebmh.warne.ox.ac.uk/csr/helpisathand_march2010.pdf
- This resource has a comprehensive list of where you can seek support
- This website provides video clips from interviews with people bereaved by suicide, who talk about different aspects of their loss.
Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide (SOBS)
- This is a self-help voluntary organisation. They provide local self-help groups nationwide, telephone support and information for people bereaved by suicide. Meetings are run by people bereaved by suicide.
- Helpline +44(0)844 561 6855
The Compassionate Friends – Shadow of Suicide Group (SOS)
- They provide support for parents and families when a child of any age dies.
- Helpline +44(0)8451 232304
Winston’s Wish – a charity that supports children bereaved by suicide
- They provide guidance, support and information for bereaved children, young people and families. There is also an interactive website with resources for young people, parents/carers, schools and professionals.
- Helpline +44(0)8452 03 04 05
Cruse Bereavement Care
- This is a national organisation and provides support for all bereaved people.
- Helpline +44(0)870 167 1677
Lesbian and Gay Bereavement Project
- Provides advice and support and counselling services
- Helpline: +44(0)20 7403 5969